● Featured keynote speakers include Space Exation Engineer Nagin Cox, and Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team CEO and Team Principal Otmar Szafnauer
● ‘Future of Software’ panel, moderated by Techonomy founder and tech journalist David Kirkpatrick
● Cognizant Softvision Product Day debut plus more than 150 forward-looking tech talks
Cognizant Softvision, a global leader in software product engineering, today unveiled its lineup of keynote speakers and panelists for its seventh annual Programmers’ Week, scheduled for September 13–17, with a dedicated product day on September 20.
The year’s theme is GO BEYOND, inspiring global technologists to be bolder and more creative with their thinking and solutions. Now in its seventh year, the week-long virtual event is designed specifically for global developers and software engineers to share and benefit from professional development, training and new technology insights and ideas.
Headlining the event will be Space Exploration Engineer and frequent TED speaker Nagin Cox, who will address the importance of ‘going beyond,’ overcoming obstacles and the best way to respond when things don’t go as planned. Also featured will be Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team’s CEO and Team Principal, Otmar Szafnauer, whose keynote will focus on innovation and technology, and its impact on the future of racing.
Programmers’ Week has grown from a small event in Cognizant Softvision’s Romania studios centered on International Programmers’ Day which is celebrated on the 256th day of each year. The number 256 is the number of distinct values that can be represented with a byte, a value well known to programmers. The event has continually grown in scale and stature, and is now a global week-long celebration.
Cognizant CEO Brian Humphries will kick off product day with a special introduction and platform reveal. Product day will also feature author and product discovery coach Teresa Torres, who will deliver a keynote on the ‘what and why of continuous discovery.’
In addition to the keynote presentations, Programmers’ Week 2021 will showcase the following:
● More than 150 forward-looking tech talks, with each day dedicated to specific discussions on platforms and technologies, including cloud, automation (QE, AQ, DevOps), product engineering (.NET, JAVA, Web and mobile), and Data/Analytics/AI and ML
● A panel discussion on The Future of Software, moderated by Techonomy founder and tech journalist David Kirkpatrick. Panelists will include Cognizant’s Rajesh Nambiar, President, Digital Business and Technology, Ursula Morgenstern, President, Global Growth Markets, and Andres Angelani, CEO, Cognizant Softvision.
● Cognizant Softvision Product Day: New this year, this is a day dedicated to learning about all things product-related, including demos, discussions on new product technologies and approaches, and successful implementations.
Andres Angelani, CEO, Cognizant Softvision:
“Programmers’ Week 2021 will be our biggest and best event yet, and we’re honored to have several world-class speakers set to share their ideas and inspirations. I’m confident that the marquee lineup of internal and external speakers, along with thousands of attendees—all of whom will be sharing invaluable information and ideas for future innovation—will enable Cognizant Softvision Programmers’ Week to inspire everyone to ‘Go Beyond!”
-Learn more about Programmers’ Week 2021 and register for the event here.
-View the complete lineup of keynote speakers, presentations and schedule here.
-View a recap of last year’s event here.
-Explore career opportunities with Cognizant Softvision Romania, here.
Programmers’ Week website: www.programmersweek.com
Cognizant Softvision website: www.cognizantsoftvision.com
Cognizant website: www.cognizant.com